Monday, January 12, 2009

POOR, POOR CARRISA!

Here it is Cris cris...your personal birthday post ...only a month and 6 days late. You have reminded me that I forgot you...I didn't...we just had a crazy busy month! And I could never ever forget you. You are my heart (as are all the kids!) but your zest for life, your fiestiness to know who you are and not back down is truly inspiring to me. If only we could all know who we are and where we are going at such a young age!




You have been a very feisty since the day you were born, from coming early to determining that nothing your brother did...you couldn't do and do better....in fact, I used to get so mad that people would say what a hard child you were...even, yes...a brat, but you weren't...you just didn't put up with anyone crap. You still don't...though I would like you to cut your family some slack! lol

You have never been a hard child to raise, rarely if ever did it take more then just a few words of reprimand did it take for you to feel remorse and start cleaning your room or do some chore for mom and dad. Sometimes it pays when you are mad! Things get so clean!!

You have been a cowgirl from the start (I tried to upload the pict's for proof, but for some reason...they won't come on! Sorry!!!) You have been in boots since you were born and you haven't quit wearing them! I love that you will wear your boots anywhere and everywhere! and that you do it with such a zest!

You love you brother and are so good to him...when you aren't teasing him...and I even see that you love your big bro..though it would be uncool to admit!! But we know the truth! And deep down we know you love your sisters...you just want your own room..which will come and then you will miss that they are not there to whisper down to. They look up to you and follow your every move....and why wouldn't they. You are beautiful and funny and talented.

We love that you love your Utes and that that is the only school you will be attending! We love that you know how to play football and understand the game and that you love the games and are as a loud as the rest of us!!GO UTES!

I have seen you shine this last year as you have begun to develop your talents and find your interests in life! You are a great photographer and I can't wait to see what you do with that amazing talent! You have also become an awesome basketball player with only more good things to come!!

Sissa, we are proud of you and the effort you put into life and accomplishing your goals....someday we will call you Dr McDonald and come to you for advise...but until then...just wait a little while to grow up...mom and dad still need their oldest little baby girl to need and want them. We love you to the moon and back!

3 comments:

Maria said...

That is so sweet. You really have a way with words. Your right about Carissa, she is amazing. We love her!

Rhett and Tiffanie Jackson said...

I think you should be forgiven..pretty cool b-lated birthday words! Can't believe your kids are getting so big...I know we say that often, but when you see each other maybe once a year they all just grow so dang fast! My baby is in sunbeams...no more nursery :( it's wierd!

McDonald Army Brats*** said...

I absolutely agree Carissa! I tried to steal you from the moment I met you! :)